Saturday, September 6, 2008

Loneliness

I have been divorced for a year and a half and separated for over 2 years. In all of that time I have enjoyed being by myself...well, sort of...myself and the boys. All of a sudden I have this overwhelming sense of loneliness. I'm not really prone to bouts of depression and I rarely cry. Tonight I had myself a good cry and just had a big ol' pity party for myself. I have always been a very independent person. I'm not sure what to make of my current situation. I haven't even wanted to date in the 2 years since my separation. I'm still not sure where all of this came from. Am I missing companionship? Am I sad to see my little boys growing up (they just started Pre-K)? What's going on with me? Why all of a sudden after 2 years am I lonely? Is this an extremely delayed reaction to the divorce? I hope I snap out of this soon. It's not a good feeling...

6 comments:

Spy Scribbler said...

Awww, I don't know. I don't know what it's like to go through a divorce, but I definitely know loneliness, with DH gone.

Sounds like Pre-K could do it, though. :-) I don't know. It's tough. Sometimes I get lost in a book, like a romance, for some company. Sometimes that just makes it worse.

You have my hugs. My BIG hugs!

Robin said...

Major hugs! Maybe it is the pre K thing. Or maybe you're just about companionship again. Seems normal to me! I could ship Adam and both boys over to you (major fantasy), or you could consider dating again. Please choose #1. Pleeeeease!

ANeibaur said...

Oh sweety, im sorry to hear this. The other girls are probably right about the Pre-K thing. Those 2 boys have been your major companionship since your divorce and now that they are growing up and leaving you everyday for a school, well im sure it can make one feel lonely.
Perhaps you should get out and about and start dating again.. although yes, easier said then done. LOL. Im sure someday Mr. Right will come knocking on your door and sweep you off your feet.
Teehee. (no it doesn't really happen that way, but it wouldn't it be Awesome if it did. LOL)
If anything, find some girl friends to hang out with, go shopping, get your nails done.. just get out and socialize. :D
I would hang out with you if you weren't so far away.. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO FAR AWAY?? haha.. cuz its all your fault that you are. LOL. nah. jk.
Im done rambling.
Ya know what we could do.. (my friend used to do this with his girlfriend before they finally moved in together in the same state) We could both rent the same movie and call eachother and talk about it while we watch it. just an idea... Crazy too.. but it could be fun. LOL.
**SUPER HUGS**

Spy Scribbler said...

I agree. I hate that my blogging buddies are so far away. I really like all of them! I don't see my friends as often as I see my blogging friends.

conley730 said...

Thanks for all your comments and hugs! Spy, I do read a lot and it is a nice escape. Robin, I think the dating game might be easier than taking care of 3 more men LOL! Alyse, the movie thing sounds fun. Maybe we can try that sometime.

ANeibaur said...

Teehee we totally should, if anything its fun girly bonding time! I do hope that as the days pass things are getting easier for you. Keep in touch K I miss ya!