Thursday, December 10, 2009














These were taken Saturday at the Holiday parade and State Capitol lighting ceremony. The kids had fun watching the parade. They also did a few crafts and had free cookies and hot chocolate. It was really cold, and they were both starting to get a little cranky and impatient for the lighting ceremony. After the lights were turned on on the Capitol building there was a fireworks show. This was the first time the boys have seen a live fireworks show. They were in awe! They both said all the waiting and freezing was worth it to see the fireworks. I wish I'd been able to get some better pictures of them in and around the Capitol, but they don't like to stand still too long for me :D!
What are you and your families doing for the holidays? We usually get up to see what Santa brought the boys. We'll play for a little while then get cleaned up and go to my parents' house for brunch and more presents for the boys. Hopefully it will be a pretty laid back day.

5 comments:

ooooo said...

man. I wish chase had not been sick it would have been a lot of fun with you guys.

conley730 said...

Maybe we can all make it next year.

Robin said...

That looks so fun! But why are you guys sticking candy canes up mice butts? That's not very Christmasy of you.

I'm going to Boston so I can go out for Chinese food and see a movie with my parents.

conley730 said...

Robin, you crack me up! The candy cane was the tail!!!

Spy Scribbler said...

Merry Christmas! This post puts me in the Christmas spirit. It doesn't look like Christmas, around here!