Saturday, August 23, 2008

We made it through the first week!

The guys did really well in school this week I think. Twin B was more apprehensive than Twin A, but that was to be expected. He cried every day except for one when I dropped them off. They both seem to like their teachers. I enjoy hearing about their day in the afternoons when I pick them up from daycare. They feel like such big boys now that they're four and going to big boy school. I, on the other hand, am a little sad that my little men are growing up too fast. I look at baby pictures and it's hard to believe they were ever so small. I guess I've made it through the first of many growing up milestones. I look forward to watching them grow and learn, but it also makes me a little sad.

Tonight at dinner Twin B wrapped his hands around my arm and laid his head against me and said "Mommy, you're the best mommy in the world". I could have cried! I treasure moments like this because I know they won't last forever. For now, though, I'm still the neatest person in their world.

So, what milestones have you and/or your kiddos reached lately?

2 comments:

Robin said...

My boys still give me kisses and tell me I'm the best Mommy in the world. Except they're about a foot taller than me, and they also pat me on the head and say, "You're such a cute little Mommy." It's OK. I'll take it. But those little cuddly days were really nice...

ANeibaur said...

Awwww how sweet! Those boys are very lucky to have a mommy like you. Congrats on their successful first week.
It is hard to see them grow up so fast, Aryn is only 1 and 1/2 and it feels like just yesterday she was a cuddly little newborn. Lately she has been understanding words and starting to speak. Its exciting to see her respond and talk back.