Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Groceries

With the price of fuel constantly on the rise, it seems like the price of everything else is on the rise as a result. Between daycare, putting gas in the car and buying groceries, it seems like I don't have much money left over for anything else. I recently discovered a way to save on groceries. Angel Food Ministries offers a box of groceries for $30 (more than half off what you would pay at the grocery store). It's a non-profit, non-denominational organization. There is no income limit, so anyone can use this service. There are also extras that you can order in addition to the $30 box of food. I think this is a wonderful service and I wish I'd heard about it sooner. It says it will feed a family of 4 for a week, but looking at the menu for July, it looks like it will feed the boys and I for much longer than that.

What price-saving tips have you been using to offset the rising cost of fuel lately?

3 comments:

Spy Scribbler said...

The site is down. :-( I'm down to not driving anywhere. I stay at home all day, which is pretty much making me crazy and I get nothing done.

I don't drive over 55. (You save .20 a gallon for every five miles you go over 50.) I coast a lot.

Worst of all, I eat food I shouldn't. Like a medium $8 pizza will feed me for lunch, dinner, breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

But then I get sick and have no energy. If I eat healthy, then I have no money. It's pretty much driving me crazy.

Robin said...

I'm no one to give advice about saving money. I just shelled out a stupid amount of money for a cream that will supposedly make my 45 year old skin look no more than 42.

My husband yells at the boys because they scarf down berries, which are really expensive, and then he has none for his morning cereal.

conley730 said...

I've been doing a lot of pizza too. I can get a large pizza for $5 at Little Caesar's. It feeds the boys and I for dinner with leftovers to feed them again.

I don't drive any more than I have to - daycare, work, grocery store, GAS STATION!!! That's about it. I've kind of got a lead foot though. I try to drive under 55 and coast a lot, but sometimes it just doesn't work :)