Monday, July 28, 2008

I don't know how to close my eyes

I thought I'd heard every excuse in the book to stall going down for a nap or for bedtime...I need a drink, I need my special blankie, I need more stuffed animals, I need to give the dog a kiss, I need to use the potty, I need more extra kisses (I always give them kisses in their hands in case they wake up and need one), I need to tell you something, I want another light on or off, I want to push the button (on the cd player with their lullaby cd), etc. Last night Twin B came up with a new one for me. When I told him to close his eyes, he told me he didn't know how to close his eyes. He said it in THAT voice too, like I've known this forever and how could I possibly ask him to do that! There's something new and different every day with these guys, and I love it!

So, what do your kids do to put off going to sleep? This one ought to be very interesting!

4 comments:

Spy Scribbler said...

Awww! That's so cute!

Robin said...

For God's sake - why didn't you teach the poor boy how to close his eyes? Sheesh! (I hope you taught him how to breathe.)

ANeibaur said...

HAHA the above comment cracked me up!! LOL
Your boys are just too cute! Aryn can't really talk yet, but she now has her ducky to help her fall asleep. I think its cute!

conley730 said...

My guys have had these huge blue teddy bears since the day before they were born. Twin B is especially attached to it. The bow around its neck came apart yesterday and I thought he was going to blow a gasket!