Friday, April 18, 2008

Girly Stuff for Boys?

Yesterday when I woke up I could hear the boys making some kind of noise in their room. I asked what they were doing and Twin B answered that he was putting on his makeup and he'd be right there. WHAT?!? He came in my room with the prettiest lipstick ALL OVER his face. Luckily I have found that Johnson & Johnson baby wipes are wonderful makeup removers. Twin A must have decided he didn't need any at least on him. I'm not sure who the culprit was, but one of them "colored" all over the toilet and vanity in the downstairs 1/2 bath. I got to clean all that up last night when I got home. Twin B also had lipstick all over his prized Batman pajamas. I told him I'd wash them, but if the lipstick didn't come out we'd have to throw them away. Fast forward to this morning. Nothing went awry while I was in the shower. Then I was getting ready and I see Twin B in the mirror hunkered down in between the foot of my bed and a chair. I go out to see what he's doing and he's got DARK RED finger nail polish. He's liberally painted his arms and legs. Twin A saunters in to show me his handiwork as well. I spent a good deal of time with the nail polish remover. Ya know, it just doesn't remove as well from the non-fingernail area! My mom's solution? Get everything up where they can't reach it. I swear they have hidden stilts or something. There are things in their closet that I can't even reach, but they manage to get them down. We had an episode with cleaning supplies last week in which they bleached some brand new shorts. After that I put the cleaning supplies up so high I can barely reach them and made them throw away their brand new bleach spotted shorts. One of my co-workers eagerly awaits each morning's story. She's already told me she can't wait until Monday to hear about what all they get into over the 2 days of the weekend. Maybe if I buy lock boxes to put everything in...

2 comments:

Spy Scribbler said...

Nail polish on skin is awful! I know, since I always end up painting my finger instead of my nails.

conley730 said...

I do the same thing LOL! At least most of it came off, and so will the rest with time!