Monday, June 2, 2008

Gone to the Dogs

The days following my day from HELL (see post below) have been much better. All that happened that day was just so unexpected, I panicked! I now have a harness that fits for both dogs. I have convinced my kids to stay inside most of the time while I walk the dogs so that I'm not trying to keep up with 2 3-year olds and 2 terrier dogs who are prone to running away. One of them got out yesterday while we were out the door to go swimming. Luckily she ran down a path that was a dead end so I was able to get her. Now that I'm not so stressed about having them in my place, I'm actually kind of enjoying it. The kids are glad they're there too. I think we'll all miss them when they're gone...well, everyone except for the cat. He has been displaced the most. The dogs have taken over his feeding area while his food has been placed on the counter so the dogs won't eat it. They've taken over his bed at night too. I don't see him around much. The dogs and cat don't fight, but they're definitely not best friends either! I'm so glad the weekend went smoother than expected.

What unexpected hurdle or surprise have you dealt with lately? And how was your weekend? I hope everyone has a great week.

2 comments:

ANeibaur said...

I am so glad to hear the everything is working out better for you. I love dogs and I want to get a great big one some day but of course my husband doesn't like big dogs. Oh well we will settle with a smaller one that my daughter can torture. LOL
Lets see... My mom came over yesterday and brought some of my old diaries with her. Shawn and I read through them and that was fun and unexpected. Gave me some feelings that I hadn't felt in a while and I couldn't help but laugh at myself. LOL

conley730 said...

Thanks, Alyse. I am a huge dog lover too. It's just a little too much for me to handle the boys and 2 dogs at the same time! I bet that was fun going through the old diaries. I'm not too good keeping journals or stuff like that. That's part of the reason I started this blog to catalog stuff about the boys since I've done a horrible job keeping their baby books updated.