Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Great Recipe

The count is now Vegetables/Mommy - 2!!! I found this recipe online and prepared it last night and cooked all day in the crockpot today. It is wonderful. I fix a taco soup recipe with ground beef that's a lot like this, but this one is with chicken. For anyone who likes Mexican, I highly recommend it. I highly recommend it even if you don't like Mexican!

Slow-Cooker Chicken Pozole

1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
29- ounce can hominy (I used 2 of the smaller cans)
15- ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed (I used Great Northern Beans)
15- ounce can white corn, drained
1 can cream of chicken soup
2- 14 1/2 ounce cans Rotel tomatoes (or just diced tomatoes if you don't like too much spice)
2- 14 1/2 ounce cans chicken broth
1/2 envelope taco seasoning mix, more or less to taste
1 large onion, chopped
Sour cream, to garnish
Chopped green onions, to garnish
Shredded Monterey jack cheese, to garnish
Corn chips, to garnish

Mix all ingredients except garnishes in slow cooker and cook eight hours on low/medium. Just before serving, remove chicken, cut into small, bite-size pieces and return to slow cooker. Serve with garnishes as desired.

I put in FROZEN chicken breasts and actually cooked it on low for about 10 hours.

No comments: