Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Night Visitor

Last night (actually early this morning) I awoke to the sound of someone coming out of my sons' room. I heard the little body come into my room and climb up in my rocker recliner. I still didn't know who it was at this point. I finally figured out when he coughed that it was Twin B. He never said a word to me, and he didn't try to get in my bed. Actually I don't think it's my bed anymore anyway. Sophie has taken it over and I have a very tiny space in which she allows me to sleep. As Spy Scribbler pointed out, I'm such a sucker! Yes, in 3 short days, the dog already rules the roost!!! So, Twin B comes into my room about 12:30 a.m., never says a word, and crawls up in my rocker recliner and goes to sleep. I'd wake up periodically and hear him shifting or something. At 2:10 a.m. he got up and went back to his room, again without saying a word. I don't know if he was just missing me and wanted to be close or what, but I thought it was really sweet.

This morning when I went outside with Sophie for her walk we spotted a rabbit in our courtyard. I thought she was going to rip my arm off trying to get that rabbit! When she finally got done thoroughly inspecting the area where the rabbit had been, I thought we were ready to get down to business. I'll be darned if that dang rabbit wasn't right around the next corner we turned. It took me twice as long as usual to get her to do her business this morning because she thought the whole point of being out there today was to GET THAT RABBIT!!! I'm glad I'm finally at work and I can relax!

No comments: